Yoga Teacher Training with William Prottengeier
This training is a unique opportunity to study with a senior teacher with over 35 years of Yoga teaching experience.
Teaching yoga requires an ongoing lifelong commitment to study and practice, and we have the experience and expertise to facilitate your growth.
If you have a sincere interest in deepening your understanding of yoga, and looking for community and personal guidance, then this training is for you.
We put the Yoga into your Yoga Training
Many yoga schools teach the outer form of yoga postures, but neglect teaching the art of modifying the techniques to the needs of individuals. We emphasize that form follows function in the practice of Hatha Yoga. Rather than memorizing endless names and details, you will be encouraged to think for yourself as you refine your observational skills. Encouraging the development of each individual’s voice as a teacher, we teach fundamental classroom techniques and effective communication skills.
While our program complies faithfully with Yoga Alliance National Guidelines, we’ve placed particular emphasis in three areas.
1. We will emphasize a mindfulness-based perspective on the physical practice of yoga, with comprehensive training in meditation. Students will be required to incorporate meditation into their daily practice, which strengthens the capacity to be present. A balanced practice includes the integration of your siting practice with your asana practice. The minimum requirement is sitting for 20 minutes a day.
2. Our exploration of the techniques of asana, pranayama, bandha and kriya are comprehensive and backed with a rigorous study of anatomy and physiology. You will understand not only the inner workings of these techniques, but develop an extensive array of techniques to transmit your understanding to your students.
3. These practical techniques will be grounded in a comprehensive study of the source texts of the Yoga tradition, i.e. the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and the Tantras and Hatha Yoga texts out of which our modern day practice continues to evolve.
While the physical practice is a key component of yoga, you will also learn about the energetic, meditative, ethical, moral and philosophical underpinnings of the practice.
We are honored you are considering our program. My many years of teaching experience ensure a rewarding experience. We trust you’ll contact us with any questions that may arise.
Our In-Depth Yoga Study Program will include:
Systematic in-depth study and practice of all the types of asanas, Standing, Sitting, Backbends, Twists, Inversions Balances and Restorative, and will provide the foundation for a comprehensive and effective personal practice.
The course covers:
- – Anatomy and physiology: Eastern and Western concepts of the major body systems and how they relate to Yoga.
- – Structural mechanics & anatomy of poses
- – Use of props to adapt poses for individual needs
- – Proper sequencing to practice these poses safely and effectively.
- – Therapeutic modifications of asanas to meet individual needs and promote ease.
- – Integration of the breath into the practice.
- – Pranayama, the Yogic Art of Breathing
- – Attend one of William’s classes each week
- – Maintain a regular asana practice
- – Document 30 practices of 1 hour minimum length
- – Maintain a daily sitting practice of 20 minutes minimum length
- – Assist one of William’s classes each week
Deposit- $300 with application, to reserve your space. Upon acceptance into YS your deposit is nonrefundable and will be applied toward your tuition.
Where: Barre Bliss Uptown
September 2017 – June 2018
$3250 One payment on or before 9/23/16
or $3500.00 (4 Monthly payments of $875)
Save 10% if Registered by July 31st, 2017
Yoga Teacher Discount:
$250 ($3000 tuition)
(For teachers who have completed a 200-Hour Training or more and are currently teaching 3 or more yoga classes/week. Must provide proof of certification and current schedule. Discount will be credited after start of Training)
The cost of books will be about $85 in addition to the cost of tuition.
A full refund will be issued up to the first 30 days of the training. After the first 30 days, a prorated amount will be determined based on attendance.
Space is Limited!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download application, fill it out and send it to email@example.com. Register below to guarantee a spot. If you are denied the training for any reason, you will get a full refund.